Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving!!!

So I am staying in Little Rock for the first time for Thanksgiving. That means that I am making my very first thanksgiving dinner. If you have any recipes that you would like to contribute please email me at charlotte@alice1077.com

Here are suggestions from my wonderfull fantastic listeners!!
Hey just because I moved to GA doesn't mean I have to miss listening to you guys, so when I heard about you making thanksgiving turkey I had to send in my little turkey tip. 1ST coat the inside of turkey with butter, then put a little salt and pepper, then I like to stuff it with apples and orange to keep it juiciy while you cook it. Good Luck . Jackie

From Jamie
Hey Charlotte! If you are feeling froggy and can operate a propane tank you should fry a turkey. Get a turkey fryer and follow the directions, but the big thing is this... regulate the temperature of the oil. The plus to frying a turkey is that it is juicy and is done in like 30 minutes. Inject the seasoning the night before, make sure you pat the turkey dry and then fry it in 350 degree peanut oil for 3 minutes a pound. It is DELICIOUS and it doesn't make your kitchen hot from running an oven all day.

From Jamie
Hey Charlotte!! I just heard you say something about cooking for a big family for Thanksgiving so I thought I would send you an easy recipe to help you out. I come from a big family too and this is SO much easier than making a bunch of pumpkin pies. It is an upside down pumpkin pie and it is FABULOUS!

Get a big can of pumpkin (like for two pies) and follow the directions to mix up pumpkin pie. Poor this mixture into a 9x13 cake pan.
Get a yellow cake mix and dump it into a bowl... sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter/margarine and drizzle over the dry cake mix. Bake according to instructions on can of pumpkin

From Lynette Culpepper
1 pkg of yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
1 egg
mix all together & press into bottom of a 9x13 pan

then.........

1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

cream together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla & pour over cake mixture. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Watch carefully as mixture tends to brown quickly. Dont overcook. No frosting is needed but dust with powdered sugar.....

oooey goooey bars :) yum!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home